Activities of Revenue and Disaster Management
The Revenue Department comprising of Revenue, Survey settlement, Registration and Excise Wing provides a myriad of valuable services to the public of the KARAIKAL DISTRICT. The department shoulders the responsibility for rendering a variety of time-bound services as briefly indicated beow :
- Issue of the certificates such as
Nativity / Residence,
- Patta Transfer / Mutation
- Survey, Measurement and Setlement of Land
- Fixation of Fair Rent
- Implementation of Tenancy Laws
- Distribution of ceiling surplus land
- Assignment of House-site patta / cultivable land.
- Relief under accident / Hut Insurance schemes
- Registration of documents/mariiages/chits
- Verification of Weights & Measures
- Issue of Licence for certain profession:
- License for Cinema Theatres
- Pawn broker’s Licence
- Licence under Arms Act
- Licence / NOC under Explosive Act.
- Money Lender’s Licence
- NOC under petroleum Act, etc.,
Conduct of Elections to parliament and Legislative Assembly:
- Registration of Names in Electoral Roll
- Inclusion or Deletion of Names from the Electoral Roll
- Supply of copies of electoral Roll
Other Functions of the Department :
- Further, the Revenue Department rushes to provide relief / rescue i times of Natural Calamities like drought, flood, cyclone and fire with the following services;
- Evacuation to safe places,
- Feeding of affected people during the period of calamity and
- Financial help in construction of damaged huts, if any.
Nodal Officer for the following Offices :
- O/o. Assistant Director of Survey and Settlement
- O/o. Asistant Controller of Legal Meterology (Weights & Measures)
- O/o. Sub Registries, Karaikal, T.R.Pattinam and Thirunallar.