How to Reach
AIR : The nearest airport is Tiruchirapalli, 168 Kms. away
RAIL : Karaikal is connected by rail to
- Chennai (Train No.16175),
- Thanjaur (Train No.76812),
- Tiruchirapalli (Train No.56714, 06852),
- Velankanni(Train No.76818),
- Ernakulam (Train No.16188),
- Bangalore(Train No.56514) and
- Mumbai (Sunday Only- Train No.11017).
ROAD: Karaikal is connected directly from
- Thirunallar – 5 kms. (Towards West)
- Kumbakonam – 64 kms. (Towards West)
- Thanjavur – 103 kms., (Towards West)
- Tiruchirappalli-168 kms., (Towards West)
- Coimbatore (Towards West)
- Erode (Towards West)
- Thiruvarur-40 kms.,(Towards Southwest)
- Chidambaram- 64 kms., (Towards North on ECR)
- Mayiladuthurai-40 kms.(Towards Northwest)
- Puducherry-135 kms., (Towards North on ECR)
- Chennai-294 kms., (Towards North on ECR
- Nagore-10 kms., (Towards South on ECR)
- Nagappattinam-17 kms.(Towards South on ECR)
- Velankanni-26 kms., (Towards South on ECR)
Puducherry Road Transport Corporation (PRTC), Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (TNSTC), Tamil Nadu State Express Transport Corporation (TN-SETC) and other private buses are flying over the above routes.
Taxis, Auto rickshaws, mini buses, Town buses are also available for Local transportation.
VOLVO, Ultra Delux from PRTC and TNSTC and omni buses are also run for pleasure travels to Chennai, Bangalore and Trivandrum etc.